Saturday 20 July 2013

Top 5 girly films by Jenny

There's nothing that I like better than spending time chilling with my friends, watching film after film, and I thought I'd share my top five girly afternoon  film picks!


The films I've chosen are an assortment of mushy, romantic films, and hilarious comedies!

One Day, starring Anne Hathaway and Jim Sturgess, is based on David Nicholls' bestseller of the same name. Aside from Hathaway's very dodgy English accent, this is a film that will tug at your heartstrings as you ponder over the 'will they? won't they?' relationship between the two main character, Em and Dex. Definitely one for the romantics out there!

The Notebook, starring Rachel McAdams and Ryan Gosling, is possibly one of the most loved and raved about romantic dramas of our time. It has that 'kissing in the rain' moment! I guarantee you will cry!




Never Let Me Go, starring Carey Mulligan, Andrew Garfield and Keira Knightly, is based on another best-selling novel, this time by Kazuo Ishiguro. It's a very sad film, but a brilliant one at that. It's set in a dystopia of sorts, so if you like that kind of film, it's a winner!

Juno, starring Ellen Page and co, is one of my favourite films. It has me in stitches every time, thanks to the witty comments and remarks throughout. A story surrounding teen pregnancy has never been as brilliantly funny as this one, and Ellen Page's portrayal of Juno is undeniably a modern classic! One for those with a sense of humour, for sure!

Last but not least, American Pie: Reunion. Not a girly film as such, but a hilarious conclusion to the famous American Pie films that began in the late 1990's. The original cast members still play their roles brilliantly, especially Alyson Hannigan, and this film will have any American Pie fan snorting in their seat!


I hope you enjoyed this post and that if you decide to watch any of these films, that you aren't disappointed by them!

You can find me over at www.cardigansandnails.blogspot.co.uk or tweet me @cardigansnails!


4 comments:

  1. Nice list. I watched all the movies in this list except Never Let Me Go, but I will soon :)) I have to say my most favorite is One Day and my least fave is The Notebook

    http://www.stylevanity.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear John and The Vow are pretty good too... :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooh One Day sounds so good! I might check it out when I next visit HMV :)

    Thanks for the recommendations

    BLOG SALE!

    Anita @ ATA|AllThingsAnita

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Notebook has to be my top favourite film, cry everytime xx

    ReplyDelete