Wednesday 24 April 2013

Wednesday Wishlist: Motel



I don’t know about you, but week after week I find myself creating endless lists of items that I’m currently loving and would somewhat wish to add to my wardrobe. This week’s wishlist comes from none other than Motel Rocks. As you can probably tell, the pieces I chose have a 90s feel to them, a trend which I’m very excited about.

Motel Lomas Sleeveless Playsuit in Black                 
What I mostly love about this playsuit is the fact that it can be dressed up or down. For a day time look, it can be worn with a denim jacket, flats and maybe a studded satchel. When it comes to night time, this playsuit can be worn with a salt and pepper jacket and chunky heeled boots. A gold or silver chunky chain necklace would finish off the outfit perfectly.

This tee is perfect for the coming Spring/Summer season, and would look great tucked in black denim hot pants or black high waisted jeans. Team with a pair of cut-out boots and bright red lips, and you’re ready to go.
 
This black denim jacket is very grungy, and that’s one of the main reasons why I fell in love with it the minute I saw it on the Motel website. I would definitely wear it with a plain white tee, black denim jeans and black boots. To accessorise this outfit, I would opt for a number of silver above the knuckle rings, and maybe a ying yang charm necklace to continue with the grungy and monochrome look.

This blue paisley print playsuit is not something I usually wear (in terms of colours) as I generally tend to wear dark and monochrome pieces rather than light coloured ones, which I’m sure you realised by now! I am allowed to dress in a more ‘girly’ way sometimes though, right? This vintage inspired playsuit would look great worn with just a pair of sandals and no jewellery, so that all the focus would be on it’s lovely print, colours, and cut.

The last item on my Motel wishlist is this tie dye print dress. I love how versatile it is, in that it can be worn as a dress, as a tee tucked into a pair of trousers, shorts or skirt, or even worn as a long tee. I would probably prefer to wear it as a dress though, and would team it with my all-time favourite pair of boots – the Jeffrey Campbell Everest. Again, I wouldn’t wear any jewellery with this dress as there’s already so much going on with its pattern in my opinion.

What do you think of this wishlist? Are any of these items on your wishlist too?



1 comment: